A RELAXED BODY HEALS ITSELF!
“It’s not just what the practitioner does,
but also who the practitioner is
in relation to the client.”
A certified Holistic Practitioner since 1998, I am a skilled somatic educator, my experience earned honestly through surmounting personal chronic pain challenges of my own sustained by working in information technology for over 25 years. What I learned is Life is Movement & bodies need to move! Discovering the body~mind relationship has been integral to my health & well~being. As well, my background gives me the unique ability to address the union of body & mind like few others. I walk the talk! Enthusiasm, sensitive & subtle awareness abounding, joyfully support my purpose of guiding individuals to explore their own personal levels of learning! It is my honour to witness the empowerment & reconnection of individuals experiencing their own unique self~expression, reconnected & free from outdated behaviours, patterns & beliefs which no longer serve. In short, my purpose is to help put individuals in touch with their own greatest teacher ~ themselves!
Training as a Kundalini Yoga instructor has helped me to align with my spiritual Self & practising Thai Buddhist & Vipassana Insight Meditation grounds that connection. Professionally, my continued commitment is to the practices of Feldenkrais Functional Integration®, Awareness Through Movement® & dream work as a means to further enhance my effectiveness in supporting others in their own body~mind awareness training. I have imparted my extensive holistic teaching experience through programs such as the Holistic Modalities program at Seneca College, ongoing classes & workshops ~ whether it be through Awareness Through Movement® classes, private Functional Integration® sessions or meditation.
My devotion to the integration of body, mind & spirit is expressed through my gentle support of my students. I foster the development of trust where clients feel free to express their feelings & to share stories which may be hidden in the body~mind for a long time. Intrinsic to the balance of the body~mind relationship, I fully support the process of purifying the body through nutrition and cleansing via Infra~Red Sauna therapy.
If you don’t take care of your body… where will your Spirit live?
Be Subject to Change!
- Feldenkrais Method of Somatic Education® (2005-2009 plus ongoing advanced trainings)
- Rubenfeld Synergy Method® (1998-2004)
- Body Electronics® & Visualization & Consciousness (1997-2000)
- VoiceBio® Sound Therapy (2006)
- The Reconnection™ (2005)
- Axiatonal Alignment (2002)
- Hot Stone Massage Therapy (2002)
- Kinesthetic Anatomy (2000-2001)
- Gestalt Therapy (2000-2008)
- Life Between Lives Spiritual Regression (2004)
- Transpersonal Hypnotherapy (1998)
- Reiki (1998)
- Therapeutic Touch (1997-1998)
- Network Spinal Care, Nucca, Cranial & traditional Chiropractic
- Gestalt Therapy (2000-2008)
- Postural Integration (1998-2002)
- Transpersonal Psychotherapy (1997-1998)
Meditation & Yoga:
- Vipassana Insight Meditation (since 2000)
- Thai Meditation (since 2005)
- Art of Living Breathwork & Yoga (2003-2005)
- Ashtanga Yoga (1995-1999)
- Kundalini Yoga (1997-1998)
- Federation of Yoga Teachers (1996-1998)
Marlene Kennedy, GCFP
- Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner
- Awareness Through Movement® Facilitator
- Axiatonal Alignment Reconnective Healing®
- Master Transpersonal Hypnotherapist
- Certified Reiki & Therapeutic Touch Practitioner
- Feldenkrais Guild of North America
What Moves You?
YOUR BODY TELLS THE TRUTH
This is your body, your greatest gift,
pregnant with wisdom you do not hear,
grief you thought was forgotten &
joy you have never known.
~ Marion Woodman