ATM LESSONS inspire a heightened sense of awareness & responsibility from one’s own actions ~ cause & effect.
There is no one to impress, it’s just you, with the ever~unfolding, self~regulating, internal process which Feldenkrais® affords so richly.
- You’ll be muted, so there’s a certain freedom in being able to make to make any sounds
you feel like making.
- Always take care of yourself; you are in charge of your own comfort & are encouraged to take any position you need to be comfortable;
- Though generous rests are offered, always pause or rest as you desire,
resuming as you feel ready.
- Make no movements that strain or pain. You’ve heard of “no pain, no gain”?… well Feldenkrais® falls under the “NO PAIN ~ ALL GAIN” category.
In fact, the movements are the least important part of a lesson. It’s about your ATTENTION ~ YOUR ATTENTION, the most highly valued commodity there is!
Each week we will embark upon lessons that will put to the test:
“It’s not WHAT we do, but HOW we do it!”
TUESDAYS and FRIDAYS, 11:00 am to 12:15 pm
YOUR PLACE on the device of your choosing.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
A clear, quiet, comfortable (warm or cool enough) space to lie on the floor, with perhaps a folded towel nearby for your head support, if required.
It’s always important to have the head in alignment with the line of the spine, whether in side-lying or lying on the back. If you happen to have a small stack of flat, garden kneeling pads, they can be very effective & easily inserted or removed as needed, without effort. Garden kneeling pads can be procured inexpensively at your local Dollar Store if you’re venturing out. If not, a folded towel works too, just requires a little more ‘arranging’.
- I will advise at the beginning of each lesson, what the SETUP will be (i.e., lying on the back, sidelying or prone; required space around you). Please allow a few extra minutes to settle in.
- The choice is yours, whether you want to be seen or not; set your VIDEO accordingly.
- If you choose to be seen, set yourself up somewhat in alignment with your camera view. I will be able to give you feedback.
- Audio will be recorded in order to be made accessible at a later date, therefore,
- I will MUTE everyone until the end of the lesson when I am always open to hear your comments, if you UNMUTE yourself.
- Be sure to TURN OFF any BELLS or WHISTLES or NOTIFICATIONS that may vie for your attention during class!
It is imperative to UPGRADE your ZOOM connection to at least 5.0.
It’s EASY & it’s FREE.
PAYMENT: $20 / class
Although I prefer E-transfer payments if other arrangements need to be made, please contact me accordingly.
Awareness Through Movement®
The Feldenkrais Method® stimulates the body’s nervous system where fundamental & lasting learning & change begin. It also enhances performance of any activity, making it easier, more effective & more enjoyable.
• Improve balance, flexibility & coordination
• Reconnect, rejuvenate & revitalize
• Feel younger, more energized & truly relaxed
• Regain mobility, efficiency & ease
• Speed up recovery from injury
• Excel in performing arts, dance or sport
• Free your body; breathe easier
The Feldenkrais Method® seeks to gently re-educate those who may have forgotten how to move comfortably by subtly re-training the nervous system. This approach is fundamentally different from medical care: In the Feldenkrais Method the student collaborates with his/her teacher to re-learn comfortable ways of moving, whereas in the medical approach the emphasis is on repairing a structural defect.
“The aim is a body that is organized to move with minimum effort & maximum efficiency, not through muscular strength but increased consciousness of how it works.
I am going to be your last teacher not because I’ll be the greatest teacher you may ever encounter but because from me, you will learn HOW to LEARN.” ~ Moshe Feldenkrais
“Dr. Feldenkrais was ahead of his time when he developed his theories. The Feldenkrais Method® can benefit all ages ~ both healthy & not so healthy people.
Give it a try; be patient, relax & enjoy!” ~ Normund Wong, MD, Professor of Psychiatry Uniformed Service University of the Health Sciences